TCMA Board Member Description
- Attends at least 50% of board and member meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in Board work, staying informed on Board matters and eventually chairing a committee or directing a project.
- Becomes informed of the business of TCMA and help make decisions and manage that business.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Represents TCMA in community, presenting programs to civic, business, or similar groups and keeping local cavers informed of TCMA business or opportunities.
- Gets to know other Board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the TCMA's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization, either through mailings, fund raising events, personal presentations, grant writing, or invitations to others to contribute to the organization.